The original town of Portomarín disappeared under the waters of the reservoir that was built here in the 1960s. It was made up of the medieval boroughs of San Pedro and San Nicolás and boasted one of the bestknown Roman-medieval bridges on the entire Pilgrims’ Route. When the village was moved to its new site, care was taken to conserve several manor houses and the Romanesque churches of San Pedro and San Nicolás.
WHAT TO SEE:
- Church of San Nicolás.
- Façade of the Church of San Pedro (1182).
- Casa del Conde (16th century).
- Berbetoros Palace (17th century).
- Las Nieves Chapel and Staircase.
- Miño Bridge
- Ethnography Museum.