The medieval road takes us from Riego de Ambrós to Molinaseca across the two bridges known as the Puentes del Malpaso. Access to the town is via the Calle Real, which follows the Pilgrims’ Route. This town has been declared a Historical Site.
WHAT TO SEE:
- Parish Church of San Nicolás de Bari. This Neoclassical building dates back to the 17th century and has three naves and a graceful tower. Inside, there is a magnifi cent Baroque altarpiece by Pedro Núñez de Losada. The superb sculpture of Christ on the Cross (1300-1340) is one of the most outstanding fi gures.
- Sanctuary of Nuestra Señora de la Quinta Angustia (18th century). An eye-catching Baroque building crowned by a lantern. The main altarpiece presides over the presbytery and is attributed to the Galician artist Baltasar Seoane